Since basketball originated in America in the 1800’s, it has experienced explosive growth. This fast-paced sport is now popular around the world, as the fame of international stars Yao Ming and Pau Gasol shows! Of course Boston is the home to multiple NBA championship winners the Boston Celtics, the legendary team of such players as Larry Bird and Paul Pierce. Our program includes a tour of TD Garden, the home of the Celtics, and The Sports Museum, featuring highlights of Boston’s colorful sports history.
Students are coached by university staff and graduates. Each afternoon you’ll practice layups, jump shots, and individual and team defensive concepts. Local students will join our program at selected points, allowing you to meet Americans while sharpening your game.
|June 26, 2016||July 16, 2016||$ 3685||
|July 10, 2016||July 30, 2016||$ 3685||
All Participants Enjoy:
- 18 lessons of English per week
- Use of college computer lab and library.
- T-shirt, textbooks, and certificate of completion.
- Dormitory accommodation with breakfast and dinner on weekdays, breakfast on weekends.
- Roundtrip airport transfer to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS).
- 12 lessons of basketball per week
- Use of the university and community basketball facilities.
- Students will have many opportunities to take part in excursions with the full supervision of our trained FLS counselors. Activities include:
- TD Garden Stadium and Sports Museum
- Newbury Street
- Freedom Trail
- Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market
- Boston Duck Tour
- Six Flags
- DJ Dance Party
- Farewell Party
- New England Aquarium & Whale Watching (optional)
- New York City Tour (optional)