New York – Long Island University – USA
First class campus on Long Island’s Gold Coast
Ages: 12 – 17
Location: C. W. Post Campus, Long Island University
Time to New York City: 1 hour
Long Island’s Gold Coast is the place where the rich and famous of New York built their grand houses and estates.
In this desirable and wealthy suburb is our summer school, located on the ‘C. W. Post Campus’ of Long Island University.
The campus has excellent buildings and facilities, including an Olympic-sized pool and over 300 acres of green landscaped grounds.
On this programme you’ll enjoy three full-day excursions to New York City each week.
At Long Island you’ll experience a traditional dormitory-style residence. This style of living helps students develop friendships whilst away from home.
Rooms and bathroom facilities are shared and the residences are equipped with air conditioning.
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Sports facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall, dance studio, football, soccer, basketball and outdoor tennis course. Olympic-sized indoor swimming pool.
- Dining Hall: Self-service in the large and spacious food hall. Hot and cold meals, vegetarian options, salads and desserts available.
- Common room: These include vending machines, cafés, shops, recreation areas and an entertainment room for discos and evening activities.
- Launderette: There is a coin-operated launderette on site.
- Shops: There are a variety of small shops and cafés around the campus.
- Sports: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Swimming and Tennis.
- Non-sports: Arts & Drama, Mask-making,
- Blind Date, International Night, Discos, Fashion Show, Quiz and Karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- Three full-day excursions each week.
- All excursions are provided by a private transport to a location in Manhattan (Central New York).
- Purchase of a Metro Card is required for transportation when in Manhattan and also for optional trips.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island: Visit the ultimate landmark of New York and symbol of American freedom.
- Central Manhattan visits: These may include, for example, Times Square, Highline Park and Macy’s department store.
- Empire State Building: For 40 years the World’s tallest building and still an architectural marvel.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Enjoy large collections of ancient art.
- 5th Avenue shopping:
- American Museum of Natural History:
- Central Park:
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Six flags: Theme parks and water parks.
- Woodbury Common Outlet Shopping:
- Broadway Shows:
- Hudson River Cruise: