Embassy Summer Chichester – England
Available: 26 June 2016 – 7 August 2016
Ages: 10 – 17
Location: Chichester College, Chichester, West Sussex
Time to London: 1 hour 35 minutes
This summer school is based at Chichester College on the south coast of England. Classrooms, accommodation and sports facilities are all conveniently located on this friendly campus.
The college is just 5-minutes walk from the train station and city centre. Chichester itself is an historic city, with an excellent art gallery, theatre and great high street shopping. North of the city is the lovely green countryside of the South Downs National Park, and to the south are some of the best beaches in England.
Summer Plus at Chichester:
There are three options:
- ‘En-suite’ single rooms, with private bathroom facilities.
- ‘En-suite Twin’ rooms, for two people with private bathrooms facilities (limited numbers)
- Standard rooms with shared amenities (limited numbers)
The accommodation is spread over two blocks (‘Westgate’ and ‘Woodlands’) which are located next to the main college building. Pay-phones are available in the accommodation blocks.
Security: There is night security at Chichester College.
- Classrooms: Modern, spacious and well-equipped classrooms.
- Sports facilities: Newly refurbished sports centre, with excellent sports halls for indoor sports, Astroturf football pitch, tennis courts and grass pitches for outdoor sports.
- Dining Hall: Large bright refectory, centrally located. Coffee shop.
- Shops: Variety of shops on campus selling everything from snacks to toiletries and an ATM cash point.
- WiFi: Available in common areas and students are encouraged to bring laptops or mobile devices with them.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||1 hour 15 minutes|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||1 hour 20 minutes|
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||2 hours|
|Luton Airport (LTN)||2 hours|
|Stansted Airport (STN)||2 hours 15 minutes|
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Rounders, Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball and Cricket.
- Non-sports: Show rehearsals, Arts & Crafts, Drama workshops, Dance and Health & Beauty.
- Talent show, International Night, Disco, Pop Quiz, Millionaire Quiz, Film Night and Fashion show.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and two half-day trips, normally by coach each week.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Bournemouth: A pretty town on England’s South Coast with sandy beaches, shops and gardens.
- Oxford: Home to England’s oldest university, you’ll enjoy exploring Oxford’s grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Buckingham Palace: Visit the Queen’s Gallery and, during a few weeks of summer the state rooms at the British Monarch’s primary home.
- Brighton Royal Pavilion: An unusual and decorative palace that is influenced by oriental styles.
- Brighton Sea Life Centre: For over 100 years the Brighton aquarium has been bringing the public eye-to eye with amazing creatures of the sea.
- Chessington World of Adventures: A zoo and theme park on the edge of Greater London, with roller-coasters and water rides.
- London Dungeon: A spooky day out in London.
- London Eye: Take a ride on Europe’s tallest ferris wheel and enjoy fantastic views over London.
- Madame Tussauds & Marvel 4D Experience: Waxwork museum, now with a unique 4D cinema, where you ‘feel’ the film as well as see it!
- Shakespeare’s Globe Exhibition & Rose Tour: Visit the site of two 16th century theatres, the rebuilt Globe Theatre, and the excavated Rose Theatre, on London’s South Bank.
- Thorpe Park: A leading theme park offering over thirty extreme rides and attractions.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance