Embassy Summer London Chalfont – England
Available: 12 June – 14 August 2016
Ages (individuals): 8 – 17
Ages (groups): 8 – 17
Location: Chalfont Campus, Newlands Park
Time to London: 1 hour by coach
Chalfont School is located at Newland Park, previously a campus of Buckinghamshire University and now a filming location.
It is set in the countryside in an area known as The Chalfonts a desirable area to live for London commuters. Chalfont has easy access into Central London and is also only 30 minutes from London Heathrow Airport.
- Twin bedrooms with en suite private bathroom facilities.
- Standard single rooms, with shared bathroom facilities and common room.
- Sports facilities: Sports hall, tennis courts, football and rugby pitches and large green playing fields.
- Dining Hall: Large spacious dining room, centrally located.
- Common room: Each accommodation flat has a kitchen used as a common room and includes a washing machine and fridge
- Theatre: Two well-equipped theatres for activities and inductions
- Email: Wireless internet access (WiFi) is available in selected areas of the campus.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||30 minutes|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||1 hour 10 minutes|
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||55 minutes|
|Luton Airport (LTN)||45 minutes|
|Stansted Airport (STN)||1 hour 15 minutes|
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Mini-Olympics, Rounders, Baseball, Squash, Volleyball, Aerobics, and Tennis.
- Non-sports: Treasure Hunts, Mask making, Egg-drop and dance.
- Blind date, International Night, discos, Extravaganza, Round-the-world quiz, fashion show, talent shows and karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Our City Explorer programme runs at this centre: included in the course price (each week)
- Two full day trips into London during the week (offset by two full days in class)
- An additional full day trip at the weekend
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Cambridge: The historic city centre, with its narrow streets and shops can all be enjoyed on foot.
- Oxford: Home to England’s oldest university, you’ll enjoy exploring Oxford’s grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
- Salisbury & Stonehenge: Salisbury is an historic city in the county of Wiltshire where you’ll also find the magnificent ancient monument of Stonehenge.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Bath: A UNESCO World Heritage site. Visit the well-preserved Roman Baths and enjoy great shopping in this beautiful city.
- Cadbury World: Visit the factory of one of the World’s favourite chocolate brands.
- Chessington World of Adventures: A theme park and zoo on the edge of Greater London, with roller-coasters and water rides.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon: Famous as the birthplace of playwright William Shakespeare, visit historic English buildings dating back centuries.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance