John Leggott College is the best Sixth Form College in the region for students aged 16-19 offering a wide range of courses including A Levels and Btecs. We have a 99% A Level pass rate, with 50% of grades achieved being A*-B. Our students go on to a wide variety of destinations and careers, including Oxbridge universities, highly sought after apprenticeships and more. Not only that, but your student journey will be unique to you. Put together your own programme of courses, get involved in work experience, student leadership and additional learning opportunities that suit you. Reach your potential with us!
Why You Should Make JLC Your 1st Choice
- We consistently have excellent results, with the pass rate for A Levels at 99% this year, and many courses enjoying a 100% pass rate and and fantastic numbers of high grades!
BEST PLACE FOR A LEVELS
- Success data published in 2014 placed us in the top 15% nationally among Sixth Form Colleges and part of a very exclusive group with Level 3 success rates above 90%.
- 65.7% of all Level 3 Year 2 leavers have Higher Education destinations. This figure includes HE deferred entry students.
- Many Higher Education applicants have secured places at prestigious universities and on competitive courses including Oxbridge, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and at specialist Performing Arts Colleges
- We supported a total number of 230 successful Higher Education applicants with an average GCSE score on entry of 5.8 or below.
- We have a huge variety of courses for you to choose from, including the widest range of A Levels in our region. We also offer BTECs, Access to HE, GCSEs, HNDs, Foundation programmes, GCSEs and apprenticeships.
ADDITIONAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- You can choose to enhance your time at JLC by getting involved in loads of extra opportunities, both on campus and in the community. Talk to us to find out more!
- We have buses bringing students in to College from all across the region including; North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, and Nottinghamshire.
- Our travel scheme means that students can travel to college for as little as £30 per year.
- We are committed to making our campus purpose built, so you will find lots of subject-specific facilities, and study and social spaces designed with you in mind.
- Every year we help hundreds of students to progress onto Russell Group universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, as well as highly competitive courses such as Nursing and Teaching. We have a dedicated team to help you consider your options and give you the best chance of gaining that place!
- We have a large support network that you can take advantage of during your time at JLC, which includes pre-enrolment support, mentors, counsellors, student services, opportunities and destinations, as well as learning support. We are here to help with anything that you need from us.
- We have almost 50 years’ experience specialising in Sixth Form education and are dedicated to providing an excellent academic and social experience so that you get the most from your time with us.
- We have links with over 240 employers across the region to provide you with the chance to try out your chosen career area and get experience that will help you in the future. Our students completed an amazing 45,000 hours of work experience last year – and it’s an optional extra!
Tuition fees 2016-17
|Course||Tuition fee 2016-2017||Course duration||Start month|
|A-level, BTEC||£9,250 per year||Two academic years||September|
|Pre A level||£200 per week||3/ 6 or 12 months||September or January|
|JLC A-Level Taster Course||£1,850 (Includes accommodation and airport transfers)||Two Weeks||Various dates between September and April|