Historic campus close to Downtown Boston
Ages: 15 – 18
Location: Tufts University, Medford, Boston
Time to Downtown Boston: 20 minutes (by train)
Boston Tufts has all the excellent facilities you would expect from a prestigious university. The campus is located in the Medford area, just a short subway train ride away from downtown Boston.
Close to the university campus you’ll find Davis Square, a fashionable area with trendy shops and restaurants which you’ll also enjoy exploring.
Embassy summer school students are accommodated in a traditional university dormitory. Each student will have a roommate in a twin room. Bathrooms and shower rooms are shared in a ratio of six bedrooms to one bathroom.
Within the residence you’ll find great facilities including lounges, pool tables, computers and much more.
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Sports facilities: Indoor swimming pool, baseball field and basketball court.
- Dining Hall: Offers a variety of meals, including hot main courses, vegetarian meals, salads, fruits and desserts.
- Common room: There are meeting areas to catch up with friends.
- Launderette: Card operated launderette on site. Embassy staff can assist students if required.
- Email & internet: Wireless internet is available. There is also a computer room on campus.
- Campus shops: The campus bookstore sells books, postcards and other campus essentials.
- Sports: Football, Mini-Olympics, Dance, Baseball and Volleyball.
- Non-sports: Treasure Hunts, Mask-making and ‘Make-your-own-Crazy Golf’ and additional off-site local visits.
- Local visits: Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Museum of Science and Harvard Tour.
- Blind Date, International Night, Discos, Extravaganza, Fashion Show, Quiz and Karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- Five local visits and 1 full-day trip each week
- Transport for included excursions will be provided for by a private coach company.
- Transport for local visits and optional excursions is not included.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Newport, Rhode Island: Visit this historic city in America’s smallest state.
- Salem: Famous for the witch trials, discover the history of this historic town.
- Hampton Beach: Resort with sandy beaches, shops and sailing.
- Wrentham Village Outlets: Shop at over 170 outlets.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- New York City:
- Six Flags: New England’s largest theme park.
- Skywalk Observatory: Enjoy views over Boston.
- Trolley Tours: The best way to see Boston.
- Whale watching:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance