Spend summer in central New York City
Available: 19 June – 7 August 2016
Ages: 14 – 18
Location: Manhattan Campus, Pace University, New York
Embassy Summer in Manhattan, New York is located at ‘One Pace Plaza’, the Manhattan Campus of Pace University.
Spanning two whole blocks in the heart of New York’s financial district, the campus gives immediate access to the major attractions of one of the world’s greatest cities with iconic landmarks, parks and shops around every corner.
The Park Plaza subway train station is just one-minute walk away from the campus – providing easy access to the rest of the city.
As with most American universities the residence is dormitory style with shared bedrooms. These may help students to form friendships whilst away from home. All dormitories have a central lounge and laundry facilities.
There are also limited number of rooms with a private “en-suite” bathroom.
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Sports facilities: All sports activities are held at nearby parks. No swimming pool on site.
- Dining Hall: There is a large and spacious food hall next to the residence. This is self-service and offers hot and cold meals, salads, fruits and desserts.
- Common room: Every floor of the residential building has a television lounge and a non-television lounge. Drink and snack vending machines are available in the main lobby of the residential building.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities are free of charge however detergent is not provided.
- Email & Internet: There is free internet access at the computer room. Each room has ethernet ports for easy wired access.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|John F. Kennedy International (JFK)||50 minutes|
|Newark International (EWR)||50 minutes|
- Sports: Mini-Olympics, Soccer and Baseball.
- Non-sports: Treasure Hunt, American Idol contest.
- International Night, Round-the-World quiz, Fashion Show, Movie Night, Disco, Arts and Drama.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day trip outside of New York City each week.
- In addition to 5 local visits, within New York City.
- Entrance is included – but travel is not. Students will need to purchase travel cards for trips within New York (cost from $29 each week)
Examples of typical included excursions:
- MoMA: New York’s Museum of Modern Art houses one of the most exciting collection of Modernist Art in the world.
- 5th Avenue Shopping: Spanning the length of Manhattan and the east side of Central Park, 5th Avenue is best know for its prestigious shops.
- Manhattan sightseeing trips:
- Woodbury Common Outlet Shopping:
- Jones Beach:
- Coney Island:
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Boston: 2-day, overnight trip
- Washington DC: 2-day, overnight trip
- Niagara Falls: 2-day, overnight trip
- United Nations:
- Six flags: Theme parks and water parks.
- Broadway show:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance