Historic private school in New England
Ages: 12 – 17
Location: Dean College, Franklin, Massachusetts
Time to Boston: 1 hour (by train)
Dean College is a historic, private school located in the town of Franklin, Massachusetts. The college has excellent facilities, attractive buildings and lots of green open spaces.
Franklin Station is close to the college, making downtown Boston directly accessible by train – in under an hour.
This summer school is perfect for students who want to develop their English in a great college environment whilst having the opportunity to discover one of the most historic areas of the United States.
It’s easy to make friends and socialise at the Franklin campus as students are housed in traditional style accommodation.
Accommodation at Dean College is in the traditional US dormitory style, with twin rooms and shared bathrooms (ratio 1:8)
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Dining Hall: Offering a variety of meals including hot main meals and vegetarian options, salads, fruits and desserts.
- Common room: Fully furnished lounges with television and DVD player.
- Launderette: Card operated launderette on site. Embassy staff can assist students if required.
- Email & internet: Free wireless internet is available through the college and residence.
- Campus shops: The campus bookstore sells postcards and campus essentials.
- Sports: Football, Mini-Olympics, Dance, Baseball and Volleyball.
- Non-sports: Treasure Hunts, Arts & Crafts and additional off-site local visits.
- Local visits: Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Museum of Science and Harvard Tour.
- Movie-under-the-stars, International Night, Discos, Fashion Show, Quiz and Karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- 3 full-day excursions each week.
- Transport for included excursions will be provided for by a private coach company.
- Transport for local visits and optional excursions is not included.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Newport, Rhode Island: Visit this historic city in America’s smallest state.
- Salem: Famous for the witch trials, discover the history of this historic town.
- Hampton Beach: Resort with sandy beaches, shops and sailing.
- Wrentham Village Outlets: Shop at over 170 outlets.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- New York City:
- Six Flags: New England’s largest theme park.
- Whale watching:
- Skywalk Observatory: Enjoy views over Boston.
- Trolley Tours: The best way to see Boston.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance