Summer New York – Rutgers University – USA
Sporty campus 30 minutes from New York
Ages: 12 – 17
Location: Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
Time to New York City: 25 minutes (train)
Rutgers is the largest university in New Jersey and also one of the oldest in the USA with a history dating back to 1766. The university has a strong sporting tradition which is reflected in the great facilities available on campus.
New York City is just short subway train ride away, but you’ll also find great entertainment, restaurants and shops right on your doorstep in the Broad Street area of Newark. Explore two cities for the price of one!
Woodward Hall residence is designed in a suite style, which includes a shared bathroom and a shared living room and accommodates up to 6 students in twin rooms; bathroom ratio is 1:6.
The residences are air-conditioned for comfort during the warm summer months.
As with all Embassy Summer centres, meals are provided – but there is also a microwave and fridge in your room for your convenience.
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Sports facilities: The campus has great sports facilities including, beach volleyball courts, indoor swimming pool, soccer field, basketball court and much more.
- Dining Hall: Students are served breakfast, lunch and dinner in the large spacious food hall. Hot and cold food, vegetarian options, salads, fruits and desserts are available to choose from.
- Common room: There is a games room with pool tables, television and snack machines.
- Launderette:There is a coin-operated launderette on site.
- Shops: There are a number of stores on campus including food shops, convenience store, a bookstore and a Starbucks coffee-shop.
- Sports: Mini-Olympics, Soccer, Baseball, Dance and Beach Volleyball.
- Non-sports: Pool Table competitions, Treasure Hunts and American Idol contests.
- International Night, Discos, Movie Night, Fashion Show, Round-the World Quiz , Arts and Drama.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and 2 half-day excursions each week.
- Excursions usually provided by a private transport company.
- Transport for local visits and optional excursions is not included.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island: The ultimate landmark of New York is a must-see.
- Jones Beach:
- Central Park:
- Greenwich Village & Soho:
- Time Square:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Enjoy large collections of ancient art.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Philadelphia: (2 days)
- Washington DC: (2 days)
- Boston: (2 days)
- Niagara Falls: (2 days)
- Six flags: Theme parks and water parks.
- United Nations:
- Manhattan sightseeing:
- Broadway shows:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance