This popular program introduces participants to the exciting process of creating a short film. Past teachers include Columbia University instructors and directors and technicians on major Hollywood productions, including projects with famed director George Lucas and award-winning actor Ray Liotta. Let Hollywood insiders teach you how to write a compelling short screenplay and to draw clear and engaging storyboards. You and your fellow students will also learn basic camera moves and have the opportunity to participate in on-location shooting.
Students experience a behind-the-scenes look at the film industry with visits to major movie studios and other fascinating sites related to the entertainment business. Students take 3 hours of daily ESL instruction taught by engaging instructors on the beautiful campus of Cal State University, Fullerton. Finally, students will enjoy a tour of Hollywood and may even see a movie star at the famous Hollywood & Highland complex—home of the Academy Awards!
All Participants Enjoy:
- 18 lessons of English per week
- Use of college computer lab and library.
- T-shirt, textbooks, and certificate of completion.
- Dormitory accommodation with breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
- Roundtrip airport transfer to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
- 8 lessons of movie production per week
- Use of camera and equipment.
- DVD of final movie production
- Students will have many opportunities to take part in excursions with the full supervision of our trained FLS counselors. Activities include:
- Film Screening
- Beverly Hills
- Cinema Make-up Workshop
- DJ Dance Party
- Farewell Party
- Knott’s Berry Farm (optional)
- Soak City Water Park (optional)
- MLB Baseball Game (optional)
- Warner Bros.
- Universal Studios