TOEFL or SAT Prep Camp
International high school students must overcome many obstacles when planning to attend an American college. The challenges include developing and demonstrating English fluency, achieving high scores on standardized tests, and gaining in-depth knowledge of the American higher education system. Our combination TOEFL/SAT Preparation program is designed to give students the comprehensive support they need in all of these areas. This program provides an immersive college preparatory experience through a combination of classes, workshops, college visits, and an advanced, content-based curriculum.
Students will benefit from weekly college workshops on topics such as selecting the right college, writing the admissions essay, and preparing for an admissions interview. Each student will also attend a core English skills class to develop college-level skills in listening and speaking. Our program includes a test preparation class focusing on the TOEFL or SAT (based on the student’s choice).
All Participants Enjoy:
- 18 lessons of English per week
- Use of college computer lab and library.
- T-shirt, textbooks, and certificate of completion.
- Dormitory accommodation with breakfast and dinner on weekdays, breakfast on weekends.
- Airport transfer: Boston Logan Airport (BOS).
- 10 lessons of test preparation (SAT or TOEFL) per week
- One college preparation workshop per week.
- Three college visits.
- Students will have many opportunities to take part in excursions with the full supervision of our trained FLS counselors.
- Newbury Street
- Freedom Trail
- Beacon Hill & The State House
- Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market
- Boston Duck Tour
- Six Flags Amusement Park
- DJ Dance Party
- Farewell Party
- New York City Tour (optional)
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Massachusetts, Boston