CATS Ivy Tour Summer Program
- 2 week academic and social program
- Lessons will be delivered at the new CATS Academy Boston campus, 2001 Washington Street, Braintree, MA 02184
- Average class size 12 – 15
- Accommodation included on site in a dormitory featuring single rooms with en suite bathrooms
- All meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Who is it for?
14yr-17yr old international students who are interested in going to high school in the USA, and who would like to explore the true American boarding school experience before attending a full time program
This unique, tailored program designed especially for international students includes the following areas:
Learn about studying in the US
Experience a true American high school and attend daily classes in ESL development, SAT and ACT testing preparation, and bi-weekly workshops on preparing for American college admissions.
Develop your English language skills
Improve upon your English both in and out of the classroom. Students will receive daily ESL instruction but also improve upon their spoken English through various extracurricular and social activities.
Prepare for the SAT Examination
Large emphasis is placed on standardized exam scores as part of the college application and we will help you prepare. Learn about the test, how to study for it and of course, how to succeed.
Become a ‘well-rounded’ student
Participate in activities outside of the classroom allowing you to grow socially and expand your horizons outside of academics. US colleges and universities seek well-rounded students who are involved outside of the classroom.
Visit highly selective universities
Visit prestigious Ivy League and top universities such as Harvard, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, MIT and more! Learn from and speak with university students to find out what it is really like to study for a degree in the US.
Discover the US university application process
Through college counseling sessions with our dedicated counselor, you will learn about the thousands of opportunities available in the US. Workshops will help you with the various steps of the process and you will receive assistance with essay writing, test taking skills, application forms and more.
- You will understand the qualities which top US universities search for in a successful candidate and will be prepared to plan out your academic career ensuring you become a well-rounded student.
- You will have gained an understanding of what to expect on the SAT examination.
- You will be aware of the various sections and have received vital study and test taking tips.
- You will have experience of writing a personal essay fit for an application to a top US university.
- You will have experienced a true American high school and learned about the US education system.
- You will have visited several top US universities and gained insight into the types of institutions to which you may want to apply.
- Minimum English level: Equivalent to TOEFL 40/IELTS 4.0
- Genuine motivation to succeed