Embassy Summer Brighton – England
Available: 26 June – 14 August 2016
Ages: 11 – 17
Location: University of Sussex, Brighton, England – one of the best campus locations in the UK
Time to London: 60 minutes
- Beautiful, modern campus by the South Down’s National Park
- 10 minutes from Brighton’s centre and the beach
- Full activities programme
- 3 half day trips to Brighton and the surrounding area, 1 full day trip to London and an optional trip on Sunday.
Relax in your own comfortable room on campus, close to the dining hall and classrooms. Each 6-room apartment has its own friendly, shared lounge area with a staff member living in each apartment block. All blocks have night-time security.
Students can choose from:
- Single bedroom with private en suite bathrooms
- Standard single rooms with shared bathroom facilities (usually 1 bathroom per 5 students)
- Self-service dining hall offering healthy hot and cold food options, including vegetarian
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|London Gatwick Airport (LGW)||30 minutes|
|London Heathrow Airport (LHR)||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Stansted Airport (STN)||2 hours|
|Luton Airport (LTN)||2 hours|
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Bristol (BRS)||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Birmingham (BHX)||3 hours 30 minutes|
- Sports facilities: Large outdoor green-field pitches
- Common areas: Large social area
- Dining Hall: Self-service hot and cold meals in a well-equipped, modern dining room
- WiFi: Available on campus, please bring your own laptop
- Laundry: Available on campus
- Local Transport: Train and bus stops are adjacent to the campus and it’s a 10 minute ride to the centre of Brighton. Please note students are accompanied by an adult/member of staff during all trips off the campus.
- Sports: Football, mini-Olympics, tennis, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Non-sports: Brighton Pier, Arundel Castle, The Royal Pavillion
- Arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, a talent show and nature walks
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price (each week)
- 3 included half day trips during the week; 2 by train to Brighton and 1 by coach to local places of interest. There is also a further inclusive full day trip at the weekend, normally by coach.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries and museums.
- Brighton: A vibrant city by the sea, famous for its pier, its palace and cool shops.
- Portsmouth: A waterfront city situated on England’s South Coast, with great shopping and plenty of history.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Bath: A charming city famous for its Roman baths and beautiful architecture.
- Windsor Castle: Visit the Queen’s favourite weekend end home; its the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world.
- The London Eye: Take a ride on this famous wheel and enjoy amazing views of London.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. ‘Optional’ excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance