Fashion summer course
Through a combination of studio work and excursions, this new 2 week Fashion course will introduce you to both the design and promotion side of the industry. You will take part in workshops that are aimed at building a basis of creative skill necessary for further education in the creative arts.
Over the two weeks you will develop your skills in:
- Pattern cutting
- Machine sewing
- Fashion illustration
- Fashion styling
- Fashion photography and retouching
- Editorial design
Age: 15-18 years+
English Language level: IELTS 4.5+
Course length: 2 weeks
Average class size: 15-18 students
Sunday 03rd July to Saturday 16th July 2016
Sunday 24th July to Saturday 06th August 2016
By the end of the programme, you will have:
- gained knowledge of the garment design and making process from our highly experienced staff.
- been introduced to design briefs that challenge your understanding and knowledge of contemporary fashion.
- learnt the techniques involved in studio photography from lighting to styling, with the help of our photography and fashion promotion team.
- experienced the fast paced process of putting together a fashion show guided by the same team that work on our Foundation fashion shows.