Embassy Summer London Harrow – England
Available: 3 July – 7 August 2016
Ages: 14-17 for individuals, 12 – 17 groups
Location: Harrow College, Harrow
Time to London: 25 minutes (by train)
Enjoy your summer at our fantastic new summer school on the campus of Harrow College in North London. Students have access to excellent facilities in this beautiful location just 25 minutes to the shopping of Oxford Street in Central London. Improve your English, stay with an English family and have fun as you take part in our amazing range of activities and excursions in this great destination in England’s exciting capital.
- A green and pleasant university campus
- Friendly Homestay accommodation
- Only 25 minutes to Oxford Street in Central London
- Full activities programme
- Discover London and stay in a green, safe environment
Relax and enjoy friendly Homestay accommodation
Rooms options: Various single and shared room options available, subject to availability. All Homestay hosts provide free internet access for our students
Getting to school: Homestay hosts are normally located either within walking distance or convenient access via public transport.
- Enjoy a wide variety of facilities in this modern college set in its own grounds
- WiFi: Free WiFi is available across the campus
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||1 hour 30 minutes|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||1 hour 30 minutes|
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||45 minutes|
|Luton Airport (LTN)||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Stansted Airport (STN)||2 hours 15 minutes|
- Join in with activities designed to help you improve and practise your English
- Discos, Treasure Hunts and time with your Homestay family.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Our City Explorer programme runs at this centre: included in the course price (each week)
- Enjoy a range of full and half day excursions and trips
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Local visits:The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Oxford: Home to England’s oldest university, you’ll enjoy exploring Oxford’s grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Buckingham Palace: Visit the Queen’s Gallery and, during a few weeks of summer the state rooms at the British Monarch’s primary home.
- Brighton Royal Pavilion: An unusual and decorative palace that is influenced by oriental styles.
- Chessington World of Adventures: A zoo and theme park on the edge of Greater London, with roller-coasters and water rides.
- Hampton Court Palace: A 16th century, large and impressive palace with extensive gardens.
- Kew Gardens: Huge garden estate housing the world’s largest collection of living plants.
- London Eye: Take a ride on Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel and enjoy fantastic views over London.
- Madame Tussauds & Marvel 4D Experience: Waxwork museum, now with a unique 4D cinema!
- Tower of London: For centuries this palace, with its prison tower was the place of many royal executions.
- Windsor Castle:Visit the Queen’s favourite weekend home. The oldest, and largest, inhabited castle in the world.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance