Location: Glasgow Campus: UWS Hamilton
|Course:||Junior Vacation Course|
|Course length:||1-6 weeks|
|Dates:||Sunday 21st June 2016 –
Sunday 15th August 2016
|Start Date:||Any Sunday|
Glasgow Campus – UWS Hamilton
Glasgow Campus: UWS, Hamilton
Accommodation is provided by UWS, Hamilton.
The main building, Almada, contains modern, bright and airy classrooms, dining room, library, sports and leisure centre, students’ common room and refectory.
The UWS Campus offers a stimulating and supportive environment with excellent facilities and services to cater for the students studying at the campus. The Dining Room is modern and well-appointed with in-house catering which provides high quality Scottish and European food to satisfy all tastes.
Students can enjoy access to the internet using their own laptops via wireless hotspots in the library, student area on the ground floor of the Almada building and in the Halls of Residence.
Here are some useful facts about what’s on offer at the Campus:
- Junior Vacation courses available
- UWS Campus is situated centrally in the town of Hamilton, ten miles from Glasgow.
- The Campus staff are very friendly and welcoming to all visitors.
- Classrooms, library and study areas are light and airy and conducive to learning.
- The Dining Room is modern with excellent in-house catering.
- High quality Scottish, European and Asian food to satisfy all tastes.
- Bedroom accommodation of an excellent standard.
- 24 hour security staff on duty with CCTV in all areas of the campus.
- Safe, secure and compact campus.
- First class gymnasium and sports centre.
- Excellent arts & crafts and recreation areas.
- Local shops and supermarkets within walking distance.
- Hamilton West train station is 500 metres from University gates.
- Regular train service to Glasgow Central Station.
- Within easy reach of Glasgow City Centre
The modern halls of residence are ideally located on campus. Accommodating 120 students with a single study bedroom, each flat houses 6 students with a communal lounge and kitchen, 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets.
Each bedroom is furnished and heated. The kitchen/living rooms are spacious with dining table and chairs, cooker, sink, fridge freezer and storage. Some flats are adapted for residents with disabilities.
On arrival, every student is required to pay a deposit of £40 against possible damage or loss of keys. This deposit will be returned on departure providing that there is no damage or loss of keys.
- Football Pitch
- Indoor Sports Hall
- Art Room
- ICT Suite with internet access
- Social areas
- All students receive an ID badge and emergency contact information
- Information pack and city map provided
- Room key for each student
- Rooms cleaned daily
- Bed linen changed weekly
- Kitchen facilities in accommodation
- Coin operated laundry room
- Internet access onsite
- TV room in each apartment
- Pay phones in Halls of Residence
- Hamilton is located 10 miles south of Glasgow.
- 10 minute walk to the beautiful Strathclyde Country Park and lake.
- Hamilton’s shopping area is less than 1000 metres from the University gates.
- The Post Office, Banks and Public Library are situated in the centre of the High Street
- Hamilton boasts many high street shops and small independent shops to satisfy all tastes. There are some excellent cafes and restaurants.
- Hamilton has its own Theatre an interesting Museum and some interesting architecture in and around the town.
- Adjacent to UWS is Hamilton Racecourse.
- A Sainsbury’s and 24 hour Asda Supermarket are located in close proximity to the university.
- Hamilton West train station is 500 metres from the University, trains to Glasgow run every 15 minutes.