Location: Edinburgh Campus: Loretto School
|Course:||Junior Vacation Course|
|Course length:||1-3 weeks|
|Dates:||Sunday 10th July 2016 –
Sunday 31st July 2016
|Start Date:||Any Sunday|
Edinburgh Campus – Loretto School
Edinburgh Campus: Loretto School
Founded in 1827 as Scotland’s original independent boarding school, it has a distinguished history and distinctive ethos. The School is set in a historical campus in the small coastal town of Musselburgh in the outskirts of Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh. Students benefit from the beautiful, historic campus and its location on the edge of Edinburgh. The accessible location ensures we can offer an excellent activities programme for all students to enjoy.
Here are some useful facts about what’s on offer at the Campus:
- Loretto Campus is situated six miles from Edinburgh.
- Beautiful and historic buildings in an extensive landscaped campus.
- Classrooms are light and airy and conducive to learning.
- High quality Scottish and European food to satisfy all tastes.
- Bedroom accommodation of a good standard.
- Fantastic indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- Excellent arts & crafts and recreation areas.
- Safe and secure environment with 24hour CCTV surveillance.
- Local shops and supermarket within walking distance.
- Bus stop is 500 metres from school gates.
- Within easy reach of Edinburgh City Centre.
The Halls of Residence is situated in a secure gated and landscaped campus which benefits from 24 hour CCTV surveillance. The accommodation is well equipped with single studies and shared study bedrooms of 2-4 sharing. Most rooms have their own hand wash basin and are adjacent to a shower and separate toilet. Bathrooms are well distributed over each floor and the house has facilities for students with disabilities.
On arrival, every student is required to pay a deposit of £40 against possible damage or loss of keys. This deposit will be refunded on departure providing that no damage or loss of keys has taken place.
- Football Pitch
- Extensive Fields
- Tennis courts
- All Weather Pitch
- Indoor Sports Hall
- Art Room
- ICT Suite
- All students receive an ID badge and emergency contact information
- Information pack and city map provided
- Room keys provided
- Rooms cleaned daily
- Bed linen changed weekly
- Laundry room
- Internet access onsite
- TV room
- Pay phones in Halls of Residence
- Musselburgh is located on the south shore of the Firth of Forth 6 miles east of Edinburgh.
- 10 minute walk to beautiful beaches and coastline
- Musselburgh’s shopping area is less than 500 metres from the School gates.
- The Post Office, Banks and Public Library are situated in the centre of the High Street
- Musselburgh boasts many small and interesting shops to satisfy all tastes. There are some excellent cafes and restaurants.
- Musselburgh has its own Theatre (The Brunton Theatre) a small but interesting Museum and some interesting architecture in and around the town.
- Adjacent to Loretto School is Musselburgh Racecourse and a Golf Club.
- A Tesco Supermarket is located at the end of the High Street