Embassy Summer Toronto – Canada
Available: 19 June – 21 August 2016
Ages – group bookings: 14 – 30
Location: Embassy Toronto Study Centre
Our Toronto summer school takes place at our year-round Embassy centre in the fashionable downtown district of Yorkville. You’ll step out of school and right into the fabulous central shopping area and entertainment area.
The classrooms in this centre have some spectacular views of the famous CN Tower and Lake Ontario. The subway station is located just beneath the school, making it extremely easy for you to explore this city.
Homestay (host family):
Live with a host family in Toronto. Learn about the local way of life. Living with English-speakers means that you’re language will continuously improve during your stay.
All of our host families are monitored and vetted and most live within one hour of the school. Breakfast and evening meals will be provided by the family and lunch will be taken at the centre. Packed lunches will be provided for any trips. The family will also provide laundry service.
- Class rooms: Lessons take place in modern well-equipped classrooms in the main school building.
- Common room: There is a games room with pool tables, television and snack machines.
- Email & Internet: There is wireless internet and also a computer room available to use free of charge.
Travel time to major airports and stations:
|Airport or Station||Transfer time|
|Toronto Pearson (YYZ)||20 minutes|
- Sports: Soccer, basketball, beach volleyball, jogging in Toronto. (to be confirmed)
- Non-sports: Arts & crafts, Treasure Hunts, Mask-making, Picnics on Toronto Island and making Dream Catchers.
- Quiz, Karaoke, Discos and International Culture night. (to be confirmed)
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- Visits are organised daily
- Excursions usually provided by a private transport company.
- Students will need to purchase a local travel card.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- CN Tower: The ultimate landmark of Toronto! Home of the Edge Walk, 356m/1,168ft above the ground!
- Bata Shoe Museum: Explore the fascinating and colourful history of footwear.
- St Lawrence Market: Over 120 speciality shops waiting for you to explore.
- Harbourfront Centre: At the heart of Toronto’s waterfront.
- Yorkville shopping: Toronto’s shopping district.
- Art Gallery of Ontario: See some amazing art exhibitions.
- Casa Loma Museum: A 20th century Canadian castle!
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Niagara Falls: Experience the falls from the Maid of the Mist!
- Toronto Islands: Rent a bike, go for a picnic or go to the beach on the island.
- Algonquin Park: Step out into the beautiful Canadian Wilderness.
- Canada’s Wonderland Amusement Park:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance