Husson University inspires and prepares students for professional careers in current and emerging fields within the context of an education informed by the sciences and humanities.
We achieve this career preparation by supporting and emphasizing
- Outstanding teaching.
- Scholarly contributions to one’s discipline or field of expertise.
- An undergraduate and graduate curriculum that is challenging, relevant, and promotes critical thinking skills, self-confidence and strong communication skills.
- Commitment to ethical behavior and social responsibility through involvement in the world by faculty and students, administrators and staff, board members, and involved citizenship as a university.
- Lifelong learning to prepare students professionally and personally for the challenges of a constantly changing world.
- A diverse cultural and global perspective achieved through student development and experiential learning opportunities that reinforces our commitment to a strong academic community.
- Careful management and stewardship of University resources.
Adopted by the Husson University Board of Trustees October 2, 2011.
Husson University’s primary campus (208-acres) is located in Bangor, Maine, a city of approximately 30,000 people, a short drive from the Maine coasts, forests, and mountains. Approximately 250 miles north of Boston and 250 miles east of Quebec City, Bangor has one of the lowest urban crime rates in the United States.
We enroll approximately 2,800 undergraduate students at the Bangor campus, with about 700 more enrolled in graduate programs. Our students come from all over Maine, the country and the world.
The average class size is 21 students.
Husson University employs 144 faculty members and a number of adjunct faculty with expertise in the profession that they teach.
We offer undergraduate and graduates degrees in the following academic disciplines:
- Biology (Regular and Pre-pharmacy/Advanced Track)
- Business — MBA (Graduate admission)
- Business Administration (Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management, Financial Management, Franchise Management, General, Hospitality and Tourism Management, International Business, Management, Marketing, Real Estate Management, Retail Management, Sport Management and an Individual Program of Study)
- Business and Technology
- Communications Technology (Audio Engineering, Live Sound Technology, Video Production, Web Media)
- Computer Information Systems
- Chemistry (Regular and Pre-Pharmacy Tracks)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MHRT/c)
- Criminal Justice (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Educational Studies (CTE)
- Elementary Education
- English (Regular and Pre-Law with Paralegal Studies Certificate tracks)
- Entertainment Production
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- Health Education
- Healthcare Studies
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Relations
- Legal Studies
- Mass Communications (Journalism, Marketing Communications, Radio Broadcasting, Sports Broadcasting)
- Nursing (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Occupational Therapy (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Paralegal Studies
- Pharmacy (Graduate/Professional)
- Physical Education
- Physical Therapy (Graduate/Professional & Undergraduate/Professional entry)
- Psychology (Regular and MHRT/c)
- Science & Humanities
- School Counseling
- Secondary Education
- Software Development
- Sport Management
Husson also offers a certificate program in Paralegal Studies at our Bangor and Westbrook locations.
A member of the NCAA Division III, Husson offers 18 varsity sports and intramurals using state-of-the-art facilities, including the Swan Center & Trott Fitness Studio, the Winkin Sports Complex, John P. Boucher Field, and Bob & Fran O’Keefe Softball Field. More than 400 athletes participate in intercollegiate athletics, with more than 600 students taking part in our intramural program.
- Basketball – Men’s
- Basketball – Women’s
- Cross Country – Men’s
- Cross Country – Women’s
- Field Hockey
- Lacrosse – Men’s
- Lacrosse – Women’s
- Indoor Track & Field – Women’s
- Outdoor Track and Field
- Soccer – Men’s
- Soccer – Women’s
- Swimming and Diving – Men’s
- Swimming and Diving – Women’s
- Tennis – Women’s
The Admissions Office staff provides guidance in the application process to applicants for admission to Husson University. Admissions Officers provide materials and applications to help applicants learn more about Husson, and also invite applicants for personal interviews and campus tours.
The Office for Alumni Affairs, located in the Cyr Alumni Center in the Beardsley Meeting House, serves the needs of Husson’s 18,000+ alumni. Along with Homecoming activities, the Alumni office sponsors events across the country and publishes the alumni magazine, The Ledger, to keep Husson Alumni informed about activities on the campus.
Husson University is accredited by:
- The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC);
- The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE);
- The Husson/Eastern Maine Medical Center Baccalaureate Nursing and all MSN programs at Husson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202)887-6791, and the BSN program is approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE);
- The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE);
- Is approved by the Maine State Board of Education;
- The M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC);
- The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) has conferred accreditation to Husson’s Master of Science (M.S.) in clinical mental health counseling and Master of Science in school counseling.
- The School of Pharmacy has received Full Accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.